Difference between revisions of "TFPIE2022"
(→The Programme Committee)
(→How To Submit)
|Line 47:||Line 47:|
== How To Submit ==
== How To Submit ==
== Invited Speaker ==
== Invited Speaker ==
Revision as of 21:09, 5 October 2021
Trends in Functional Programming in Education (TFPIE)
Welcome! The 2022 edition of Trends in Functional Programming in Education will be held in Krakow Poland, co-located with TFP. TFPIE takes place on the 11th of February. TFP and Lambda Days take place on February 10-11th.
The goal of TFPIE is to gather researchers, teachers and professionals that use, or are interested in the use of, functional programming in education. TFPIE aims to be a venue where novel ideas, classroom-tested ideas and work-in-progress on the use of functional programming in education are discussed. The one-day workshop will foster a spirit of open discussion by having a review process for publication after the workshop. The program chair of TFPIE 2020 will screen submissions to ensure that all presentations are within scope and are of interest to participants. After the workshop, presenters will be invited to submit revised versions of their articles for publication in the journal Electronic Proceedings in Theoretical Computer Science (EPTCS).
TFPIE workshops have previously been held in St Andrews, Scotland (2012), Provo Utah, USA (2013), Soesterberg, The Netherlands (2014), Sophia-Antipolis, France (2015), College Park, USA (2016), Canterbury, UK (2017), Gothenburg (2018) and Vancouver (2019), Krakow, Poland (2020) and online due to COVID-19 (2021).
TFPIE 2020 welcomes submissions describing techniques used in the classroom, tools used in and/or developed for the classroom and any creative use of functional programming (FP) to aid education in or outside Computer Science. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- FP and beginning CS students
- FP and Computational Thinking
- FP and Artificial Intelligence
- FP in Robotics
- FP and Music
- Advanced FP for undergraduates
- FP in graduate education
- Engaging students in research using FP
- FP in Programming Languages
- FP in the high school curriculum
- FP as a stepping stone to other CS topics
- FP and Philosophy
- The pedagogy of teaching FP
- FP and e-learning: MOOCs, automated assessment etc.
- Best Lectures more details below
In addition to papers, we are requesting best lecture presentations. What’s your best lecture topic in an FP related course? Do you have a fun way to present FP concepts to novices or perhaps an especially interesting presentation of a difficult topic? In either case, please consider sharing it. Best lecture topics will be selected for presentation based on a short abstract describing the lecture and its interest to TFPIE attendees.
- Submission deadline: January 5th 2022, Anywhere on Earth.
- Notification: January 10th 2022
- TFPIE Registration Deadline: TBA
- Workshop: February 11th 2022
- Submission for formal review: April 15th 2022, Anywhere on Earth.
- Notification of full article: June 1st 2022
- Camera ready: July 1st 2022
The Programme Committee
- Peter Achten, Radboud University, Netherlands
- Stephen Chang, University of Massachusetts Boston, USA
- John Hughes, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Elena Machkasova (Chair) - University of Minnesota Morris, USA
- Kristina Sojakova - INRIA, Paris, France
- Melinda Tóth, Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest, Hungary
How To Submit
Potential presenters are invited to submit an extended abstract (4-6 pages) or a draft paper (up to 20 pages) in EPTCS style. The authors of accepted presentations will have their preprints and their slides made available on the workshop's website. Papers and abstracts can be submitted via easychair at the following link:
After the workshop, presenters are invited to submit (a revised version of) their article for review. The PC will select the best articles for publication in the Electronic Proceedings in Theoretical Computer Science (EPTCS). Articles rejected for presentation and extended abstracts will not be formally reviewed by the PC.
How To Register