Because of the covid pandemic, the event is online this year.
TFPIE 2021 is the 10th edition of the International Workshop on Trends in Functional Programming in Education. After having been successfully co-located with Lambda Days in 2020, it is now joining forces with Lambda Days 2021 and TFP 2021. In the current schedule, TFPIE 2021 will be held on February 16 2021.
Submissions via EasyChair
We use EasyChair TFPIE 2021 for the paper submission and reviewing process.
Proceedings via EPTCS
The final proceedings will be published as an EPTCS volume. Previous proceedings have appeared as volume 106, 136, 170, 230, 270, 295, 321.
The programme committee members are:
- Peter Achten, Radboud University, Netherlands (chair)
- Edwin Brady, University of St Andrews, UK
- Laura Castro, Universidade da Coruña, Spain
- Stephen Chang, University of Massachusetts Boston, USA
- Youyou Cong, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
- Matthew Flatt, University of Utah, USA
- Seth Fogarty, Trinity University, San Antonio, USA
- Alex Gerdes, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Gabriele Keller, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Prabhakar Ragde, University of Waterloo, Canada
- Melinda Tóth, Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest, Hungary
Below you can find the program of TFPIE 2021. Note that all times are in Central European time zone.
Please attach a pdf of your pre-submission for the other participants to look at. Also, you can upload and link to your slides here (or send them to P.Achten@cs.ru.nl).
12:00 - 12:10 Welcome
13:10 - 13:40 Hello tables (time for mingling)
13:40 - 14:05 Toward Automated Feedback in HtDP-based Programming: A DSL-based Approach [Junya Nose, Youyou Cong, Hidehiko Masuhara - Tokyo Institute of Technology, Tokyo, Japan]
14:05 - 14:30 Reimplementing the Wheel: Teaching Compilers with a Small Self-Contained One [Daniil Berezun, Dmitry Boulytchev - St. Petersburg State University, St. Petersburg, Russia]
14:30 - 14:40 Coffee break
14:40 - 15:05 Teaching Automated Reasoning and Formally Verified Functional Programming in Agda and Isabelle/HOL [Asta Halkjær From, Jørgen Villadsen - DTU Compute, Denmark]
15:05 - 15:30 Teaching Programming to Novices Using the codeBoot Online Environment [Marc Feeley, Olivier Melançon - Université de Montréal, Canada]
15:30 - 15:40 Coffee break
15:40 - 16:05 Design of Classes I [Marco T. Morazán - Seton Hall University, New York, USA]
16:05 - 16:30 A Bricklayer-Tech Report [Victor Winter, Hubert Hickman, Isabella Winter - Omaha Nebraska, USA]
16:30 - 16:40 Coffee break
Ask the experts 17:40 - 18:10 Ask the experts